This section includes information about selected governors and topics from across the country both in the past and present. Current features include fast facts about today‘s governors; the first inventory of gubernatorial archives in the 50 states; an extensive bibliography of books and articles about governors; and analyses of the wins and losses of governors who have been their party’s nominee for president or vice president and of governors who have sought re-election.
- Introduction to State Executives and Roles, Functions and Powers of the Governors, by Margaret Ferguson
- Fast Facts about Today’s Governors
- 2014 Gubernatorial Elections
Interviews with Former Governors
- Michael Dukakis, Massachusetts
- Jim Edgar, Illinois
- Barbara Roberts, Oregon
- Jane Swift, Massachusetts
Research, History and Analysis
- CAG Grants Program
- Governors and The White House
- When Governors Seek Re-Election: 1980-2013
- Recalling Governors: An Overview
- Governors Running for the Cabinet?
The Lighter Side