Florio Administration: Environmental and Energy Policy Documents
On June 3, 2016, the Eagleton Center on the American Governor hosted the forum Environmental and Energy Programs and Policies of the Florio Administration for the Florio archive. Video and a transcript of the forum are available here. The documents below were referred to in the forum discussion.
- N.J. Attorney General’s Office in the Florio Administration (1990-1993), with list of significant cases of the Environmental Crimes Bureau, by Edward M. Neafsey
- Portion of materials from Third International Conference on Environmental Enforcement (April 25-28, 1994, Oaxaca, Mexico), including “The Role of Local, County, and State Police Officers in New Jersey in Environmental Enforcement,” by Ed Neafsey
- Joseph Donohue, “Power Play in the Wetlands.” New Jersey Reporter. March/April 1991.
- January 18, 1990 memo from Michael Catania to Carl Van Horn providing an executive summary of the Department of Environmental Protection transition report
- “Polluter’s Playground,” a New Jersey Public Interest Group investigation, February 19, 1988
- Comments by DEPE Commissioner Scott Weiner at an Operation Clean Shore press conference, May 3, 1991
- Florio Executive Order No. 2
- Whitman Executive Order No. 9
- Newspaper article on Gov. Florio’s signing of Water Pollution Law in Asbury Park, NJ (L.A. Times; paywall)
- Photograph of Dennis Hart kissing a pig in front of the DEP building
- Photograph and description of Dennis Hart hula dancing on the DEP steps