This collection of materials provides an introduction to the colorful political history of Atlantic City and Atlantic County with emphasis on the 1976 approval and subsequent impact of casino gambling in the City:
- An overview of the history of the City from its first settlement through the casino era;
- A timeline of significant events;
- An image gallery profiling Atlantic City history;
- Excerpts of comments and programs of the Center on the American Governor by key decision-makers, including former Governor Brendan Byrne, James Florio and Richard Codey and former Senators Steven Perskie and William Gormley relating to the history and current challenges facing the City;
- Transcript of a roundtable discussion on the history and evolution of casinos and Atlantic City held by the Center on the American Governor in May 2007 with past and current officials and industry leaders.