New Jersey Governors
The New Jersey section includes Major Collections and other information and resources. Major Collections features extensive archives chronicling the administrations of New Jersey's relatively recent elected governors. Currently available is a nearly complete archive for Governor Brendan Byrne (1974-1982) and a growing body of material for Governor Thomas Kean (1982-1990) and Governor James J. Florio (1990-1994). In 2012 development will begin on an archive for Governor Christine Todd Whitman (1990-2001).
The New Jersey section also includes information that sheds light on others who have served as the state's chief executive and ways in which various governors have addressed endemic policy issues and institutional relationships.
The Center welcomes suggestions for other types of information or specific resources that should be included or referenced on this site.
- Brendan T. Byrne Archive
- Thomas H. Kean Archive
- James J. Florio Archive
- Christine Todd Whitman Archive
- List of New Jersey Governors
- Use of Executive Orders by NJ Governors from 1947-2010
- Forum on Governor Richard J. Hughes
- Governor James Florio and the Assault Weapons Ban
- The Meadowlands and the Sports Complex
- NJ Governors and the Supreme Court
- NJ Elections and Politics Roundtable
- Atlantic City History and Politics
- The Governor's Party in Off-Year Elections
- Voter Turnout in New Jersey Legislative Elections
- The Lighter Side: Why Woodrow Wilson Guthrie?